Welcome back to QCK!
If you’re a regular visitor to my blog, you might be seeing a trend. It’s this mango, avocado, cucumber flavor combo. I seriously can’t get enough of it. I have no clue what to call it but it’s made up of a bunch of fresh fruits and vegetables and it’s really light and refreshing, so I’m calling it summer salad. You can find similar recipes using these same flavors in my Shrimp & Lettuce Wraps or my Shrimp Ceviche. It goes so well with seafood.
As you can see it’s a really bright, colorful mix. Spicy jalapeño, cool cucumber, sweet corn for flavor and texture, bright, acidic cherry tomatoes, tangy mango and creamy avocado make up what I’m calling Summer Salad. It all gets a drizzle of olive oil, a big squeeze of lime juice and some chopped cilantro to bring it all together and then it gets placed on this deliciously seared Chili Lime Salmon.
It’s the perfect 30 minute weeknight dinner for those days when you’re not in the mood to do a lot of work but you want something really flavorful and satisfying.
Substitutions and Add Ons
- Salmon can be swapped with any white fish or shrimp. Tilapia is a great option.
- You can also make this in the oven or on the grill.
- Jalapeño can be swapped with sweet pepper or habanero depending on how mild or spicy you want it.
- Cilantro can be omitted.
- You can also add: Diced red onion, shrimp, pineapple, black beans, zucchini.
- 2 1/2 lb Salmon Filets
- 1 tsp Chili Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Black pepper
- 2 Tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 2 Sweet Peppers, sliced
- 1/2 small Yellow Onion, diced
- 1 Clove of Garlic, minced
- 1 C Sweet Corn
- 1/2 C Cherry Tomato, sliced
- 1 Cucumber, diced
- 1 Mango, diced
- 1/2 Jalapeño, seeds removed and small diced
- 1 Avocado, diced
- 2 Tbsp Cilantro, chopped
- 1 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp Lime Juice, plus more for the salmon
- Salt to taste
- Pat the salmon filets dry and season with chili powder, salt, and pepper.
- In a large cast iron skillet over medium-high heat, bring 2 Tbsp of vegetable oil up in temperature.
- Place the salmon flesh side down and sear 4-5 minutes. Flip and continue searing 3-4 minutes for well done salmon. This may take more time if you have a thicker piece.
- Once cooked all the way through, remove from the pan and rest in a warm place.
- In the same pan, combine yellow onion, sweet peppers, sweet corn and garlic. Sauté until onions are translucent and corn ins bright yellow.
- In a medium bowl, combine sautéed vegetables, cherry tomato, cucumber, mango, jalapeño, avocado, cilantro, olive oil and lime juice. Mix well and add salt to taste.
- Place the salad on the salmon and enjoy!
As always, I hope you enjoyed this recipe! If you tried it out let me know in the comments. For more recipes check out my homepage and follow along on Instagram. Don’t forget to like, follow, comment and share. Thanks for reading!
One thought on “Pan Seared Salmon + Summer Salad”
Pingback: Sweet Chili + Miso Salmon – Quarter Cup Kitchen