Welcome back to QCK!
Today I want to share another easy WFH lunch recipe. Portabella and red pepper wraps with goat cheese and avocado. If you remember last weeks chicken and avocado wraps, these are really similar, but even easier.
I love these wraps because they’re so simple but you wouldn’t know that just from the taste. I love the umami of the portabella with a tangy goat cheese and creamy avocado. It gets even more delicious when you add the sweet red peppers and honey. Then warm it up in a toasty flour tortilla…. ugh. You guys, these are so good.
Substitutions and Add On’s
- If you don’t want to use a tortilla, you could turn this recipe into a pita pocket, eat it with naan, or even just as a lettuce wrap.
- If you don’t have portabellas, just use any mushroom you have on hand.
- If you don’t like goat cheese, use mozzarella and either drizzle the honey on top or skip it all together. Maybe skip it and whip up a quick chipotle ranch instead.
- If you’re feeling extra boujee, you can add truffle oil or salt to your goat cheese.
Tips and Tricks
- If you’re having a hard time whipping the goat cheese, add a teaspoon of heavy cream.
- If you don’t want to go through the process of whipping goat cheese you can simply crumble it right into the tortilla and drizzle a little honey and flaky sea salt on top.
- Use a clean pan to toast the tortilla at the end, this way you get even color and no burnt residue.
|Prep: 10 Mins||Cook: 10 Mins||Difficulty: Easy||Servings: 4 Wraps|
- 1 Large Portabella Mushroom, thinly sliced
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, seeds removed and thinly sliced
- 1 Small Clove Garlic, Minced
- 1 Avocado, thinly sliced
- 1/4 C Goat Cheese
- 2 tsp Honey
- 1/4 tsp Flaky Sea Salt
- 4 (8-inch) Flour Tortillas
- 1 Tbsp Vegetable Oil, for frying
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- In a medium sauté pan over medium-high heat, cook mushrooms, peppers, and garlic until soft and warm all the way through. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- In a small bowl with a whisk or electric mixer, combine goat cheese, honey and sea salt until fluffy and spreadable.
- Spread the goat cheese mixture into the middle of a flour tortilla, add a few slices of avocado and the sautéd mushrooms and peppers.
- Wrap the tortilla by folding the top and bottom ends in and rolling from left to right.
- In a clean sauté pan, heat vegetable oil and place the wrap, seam side down. Let it get crispy on one side, 30 seconds to one minute, lowering and turning up the heat as needed, then flip it until all four sides are crispy.
- Serve warm.
As always, I hope you enjoyed this recipe! If you tried it out let me know in the comments. For more recipes check out my homepage and follow along on Instagram. Don’t forget to like, follow, comment and share. Thanks for reading!
2 thoughts on “Portabella, Red Pepper + Whipped Honeyed Goat Cheese Wraps”
sounds and looks heavenly!