Welcome back to QCK!
I’ve been posting a lot of garden-fresh recipes this week for no other reason but that my entire fridge is currently consumed with veggies. Not complaining though. Arlo and I just went a biiiiit overboard at the farmer’s market last week. I have more sugar snap peas than I know what to do with. I usually just snack on them throughout the day, but Arlo said he could only eat them if they were cooked with something. So, I cooked them with garlic and honey, similar to my Sweet + Spicy Green Beans.
If you enjoyed the green beans, you’ll love this recipe. I love using the peas here because the shells soften a bit but the peas are large enough to hold onto their natural crispness. Cooking the peas just slightly brings out all their natural sugars and adds this really nice depth to their flavor. I like to leave the garlic sliced, rather than minced, because it’s not overpowering and it’s less likely to burn while being cooked at a high heat. I finish the peas with just a touch of honey to compliment their natural sugars.
Substitutions and Add Ons
- Peas can be subbed for green beans or broccoli.
- Honey can be swapped for brown sugar.
- Soy Sauce if you’re gluten-free make sure you choose a gluten-free soy sauce.
- Sesame Oil can be substituted with olive or vegetable oil.
- You can also add fermented chili paste, chili oil, onion, ginger.
|Prep: 5 Min||Cook: 10 Min||Category: Sides||Servings: 4|
- 1 lb Sugar Snap Peas
- 1 Tbsp Sesame Oil
- 2 Cloves of Garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 tsp Soy Sauce
- 1 tsp Honey
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- In a large sauté pan over medium-high heat, add sesame oil, garlic, and red pepper flakes. Cook until fragrant.
- Add Sugar snap peas and let them sear on one side until golden brown/medium brown. About 5 minutes.
- Add soy sauce, honey, salt, and pepper, then toss the peas in the mixture until evenly coated.
- Continue cooking another 3-5 minutes or until peas are slightly softened and well coated in the soy sauce, honey mixture.
- Serve warm.
As always, I hope you enjoyed this recipe! If you tried it out let me know in the comments. For more recipes check out my homepage and follow along on Instagram. Don’t forget to like, follow, comment and share. Thanks for reading!
2 thoughts on “Honey Garlic Snap Peas”
Pingback: Sweet Chili + Miso Salmon – Quarter Cup Kitchen
LikeLiked by 1 person