Welcome back to QCK!
Chrissy Teigen recently posted that she was sending out care packages to all her friends with the ingredients to make what she calls “the perfect bite”. That inspired me to share the recipe for my perfect bite with you all.
I used to work at a tapas restaurant in Minneapolis where we would make these goat cheese stuffed red peppers, served on a slice of bread with saffron aioli. They were so so good. Probably one of the best sellers. That restaurant has since rebranded, and I don’t know if they sell these anymore, but they’re so easy to make at home that I recreated them and am sharing the recipe.
I’m not usually a truffle fan, but somehow it just works here. The honey and sweet pepper balance perfectly with the tangy goat cheese and then I add a sprinkle of red pepper flake just for a kick.
Substitutions and Add Ons
- Goat Cheese can be substituted for ricotta, cream cheese, mascarpone, or brie.
- Truffle Salt can be substituted for truffle oil, just season accordingly.
|Prep: 15 Min||Cook: 15 Min||Difficulty: Easy||Servings: 4|
- 8 Mini Sweet Peppers, cut in half seeds removed
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 C Goat Cheese
- 2 Tbsp Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 Tbsp Honey
- 1/2 tsp Truffle Salt
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- Red Pepper Flakes, for garnish, optional
- Sliced & Toasted Baguette, for serving, optional
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a medium bowl, toss peppers in olive oil and a sprinkle of salt and pepper.
- Place face down on a parchment lined sheet tray and bake for 15-20 minutes or until wilted.
- In a medium bowl with an electric mixer, whip goat cheese, heavy cream, honey truffle salt, and pepper until creamy.
- Once peppers are done, carefully stuff them with goat cheese mixture using a piping bag or ziplock with the one corner cut off.
- Serve warm with a sprinkle of chili flake and bread if desired.
As always, I hope you enjoyed this recipe! If you tried it out let me know in the comments. For more recipes check out my homepage and follow along on Instagram. Don’t forget to like, follow, comment and share. Thanks for reading!