Welcome back to QCK!
It’s Memorial Day Weekend and we’ve been talking a lot about BBQ and how to throw the perfect BBQ, which has been so much fun. But no perfect BBQ is complete until you have the right cocktail, or mocktail if you chose.
One of my favorites is this Mango Pineapple Smash. I LOVE these. They’re so pretty, super refreshing and ridiculously easy to make for a crowd. They start with a pineapple juice base, a bit of lime juice for some tang, cubed mango, a sparkling water float, and I like to add vodka but they’re great with rum or tequila as well. My favorite thing about this is the mango cubes because they turn into a fun, boozy treat at the end. If you do this far enough in advance, you can freeze the mango and use it as an ice cube replacement which means no watered down drinks!
Substitutions and Add Ons
- Pineapple Juice Can be substituted for orange juice.
- Mango can be substituted for peach.
- Sparkling water can be substituted for soda water, tonic water or Sprite.
- Mango Cubes can be substituted for mango nectar.
- Vodka can be substituted for white rum or tequila, or omitted.
Tips and Tricks
- The trick to restaurant style cocktails is to use fresh juices!
- Plan ahead to make this so you can freeze your mango cubes and use them in place of ice. No watered down drinks here!
- Make a big batch without alcohol and leave a bottle of vodka, tequila and rub next to it and let your guests decide what they want to drink.
- This makes a great mocktail for kids, you can also add maraschino cherries for extra fun.
|Prep: 20 Mins||Cook: 0||Difficulty: Easy||Servings: 4|
- 2 C Pineapple Juice
- 1/2 C Lime Juice
- 2 Mangos, peeled and cubed
- 1 C Sparkling Water
- Lime slices, for garnish
- Vodka, white rum, or tequila, optional
- In a pitcher, combine pineapple juice, lime juice, and mango cubes.
- Add lime wedges, alcohol, and ice to 4 glasses and pour the cocktail over.
- Add sparkling water and stir.
As always, I hope you enjoyed this recipe! If you tried it out let me know in the comments. For more recipes check out my homepage and follow along on Instagram. Don’t forget to like, follow, comment and share. Thanks for reading!
One thought on “Mango Pineapple Smash”
Pingback: Fall Off The Bone BBQ Ribs: Oven Method + The Perfect Summer BBQ Menu – Quarter Cup Kitchen