Welcome back to QCK!
Today I’m sharing my favorite coleslaw recipe. I love this one because the greek yogurt makes everything it extra cool, so it’s perfect to go with anything extra spicy. It also has apples, so it’s perfect for pork, which is why it’s an accompaniment to my Perfect BBQ Menu.
Substitutions and Add On’s
- Buttermilk can be swapped for heavy cream or milk.
- Cabbage and Carrots can be swapped for your favorite pre-cut coleslaw mix.
- Greek Yogurt can be swapped for any plain yogurt or sour cream.
- You can also add: celery, red onion, garlic powder and onion powder.
- 1 Head Green Cabbage, thinly sliced, or 2 bags of coleslaw mix
- 2 Carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 Apple, thinly sliced, I like gala
- 2 C Plain Greek Yogurt
- 1/2 C Buttermilk
- 1 Tbsp Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tsp Celery Seed
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- In a large bowl combine cabbage, carrots, and apple.
- In a small bowl combine greek yogurt, buttermilk, sugar, vinegar, celery seed, salt and pepper.
- Pour the dressing over the vegetables and mix until all the vegetables are coated.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 30 minutes before serving.
As always, I hope you enjoyed this recipe! If you tried it out let me know in the comments. For more recipes check out my homepage and follow along on Instagram. Don’t forget to like, follow, comment and share. Thanks for reading!
One thought on “Greek Yogurt Coleslaw + Apples”
Pingback: Fall Off The Bone BBQ Ribs: Oven Method + The Perfect Summer BBQ Menu – Quarter Cup Kitchen