Welcome back to QCK!
Today I wanted to do a short and simple post on this really delicious sauce. It’s creamy, a little spicy, full of flavor, and it goes on just about anything. It even makes a great dip for tortilla chips.
What is Guasacaca?
Guasacaca is a bright green sauce that originates in Venezuela. It’s made from all things green, cilantro, parsley, jalapeño, green onion, lime juice, and avocado. Plus a little garlic and a drizzle of EVOO. It’s creamy from the avocado and olive oil, a little spicy from the jalapeño, tangy from the lime and fresh and herby from the cilantro and parsley. The most interesting thing about the sauce is in fact the combination of cilantro and parsley, you don’t see it often because they’re so opposite, but they really work together here.
What’s So Special About It?
Well, besides the amazing flavors listed above, it’s also extremely versatile and it keeps in the fridge for a little over a week. Here, I have it pictured over a seared NY Strip, which was so, so good. But it could also be used on tacos or fajitas, as a dipping sauce for taquitos or wraps, in enchiladas, shmeared on top of chicken, or eaten with shrimp. Plus it’s the easiest throw-it-all-in-the-blender sauce recipe there is.
|Prep Time: 5 Mins||Cook Time: 0 Mins||Difficulty: Easy||Servings: N/A|
- 1/2 Bunch Cilantro, stems in tact
- 1/2 Bunch Parsley, stems in tact
- 1 Avocado, pitted and skin removed
- 1 Jalapeño, sliced in fourths, seeds removed
- 3 Green Onions, roots removed, roughly chopped
- 2 Cloves of Garlic, peeled
- 1/4 C Lime Juice
- 1/2 C Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Combine all ingredients except olive oil in a blender.
- Blend on high, drizzling in olive oil while blending.
- Season to taste.
- Rest in fridge 30 minutes to combine flavors.
- Serve on anything you chose.
- Keep refrigerated up to one week.
As always, I hope you enjoyed this recipe! If you tried it out let me know in the comments. For more recipes check out my homepage and follow along on Instagram. Don’t forget to like, follow, comment and share. Thanks for reading!
2 thoughts on “Guasacaca Sauce: Fun To Say, Better To Eat”
Pingback: Crispy Chipotle Chicken Avocado Ranch Wraps – Quarter Cup Kitchen
Pingback: Avocado Limeade + Cilantro Simple Syrup – Quarter Cup Kitchen