Hoppy (almost) Easter!
I feel like March flew by and Easter is coming up so quick this year. How are you all celebrating with social distancing guidelines in place? I’m thinking Reece’s Eggs and Peeps on the couch. Or maybe I’ll eat an entire carrot cake alone… we’ll see.
This cake is super moist and fluffy with no wild processes or ingredients. Classics are classics for a reason and this recipe totally follows that. I won’t sit here and go on and on about how every ounce of flour and the way you mix it makes an extraordinary difference. Nope, this is a one bowl dump cake. Which is really the way cake should be when you’re making a bunch of other food as well.
Tips and Tricks
- You don’t HAVE to use zucchini if you don’t want to, but the cake is so much more moist with the zucchini than without.
- If you’re tight on time, you can make one or two big cakes and slice them in three equal pieces.
- If you chose to make one larger cake, expect to almost double your bake time.
- 3 C All Purpose Flour
- 3 T Baking Soda
- 3/4 t Salt
- 2 t Ground Cinnamon
- 1 3/4 C Vegetable Oil
- 1 1/2 C Granulated Sugar
- 1 1/2 C Brown Sugar
- 1 1/2 t Vanilla Extract
- 6 L Eggs
- 2 1/4 C Carrot, shredded (about 4-5 M carrots)
- 2 1/4 C Zucchini, shredded (1 M Zucchini)
- 3/4 C Raisins
For the Frosting
- 12 oz Cream Cheese, room temp
- 1 C Powdered Sugar
- 1/2 C Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- Add oil, eggs, sugar, brown sugar and vanila and whisk until fully combined.
- Add carrot, zucchini and raisins.
- Pour three evenly into three greased and parchment lined cake pans.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes.
- Cool completely.
- In a medium mixing bowl with an electric mixer, combine cream cheese, powdered sugar, cream and vanilla until a whipped texture is reached.
- Keep frosting refrigerated until ready to frost the cake.
- Frost cake as desired.
As always, I hope you enjoyed this recipe! If you tried it out let me know in the comments. For more recipes check out my homepage and follow along on Instagram. Don’t forget to like, follow, comment and share. Thanks for reading!